2/04/2010

The Tale of Two Queens


The older I get the more I enjoy handwork. Maybe I'm not in such a big hurry anymore and I while I love my sewing machines they seem to invoke cursing while hand stitching does not.

The traced queen was done on a light box and a thin line quilting pen. Those faint black lines were from using an iron on my laser copy which didn't work well. My own fault because that process requires more pressure and not on a regular ironing board.


were from using an iron on my laser copy which didn't work well. My own fault because that process requires more pressure and not on a regular ironing board.

The brunette was hand embroidered while the blonde was done by machine. Not better or worse, just different than the hand embroidered version.

This pattern is copyrighted from a book and is not available at French-Knots










1 comment:

Lulu said...

thats lovely..